[niederrhein.pm] Niederrhein.pm Treffen Oktober 2014 am 18:00 at LoveRails in Köln

Johannes Markert johannes.markert at gmail.com
Di Okt 21 06:21:24 PDT 2014

Hey there!

After so many heartwarming statements during the last days,
I have to give you all at least a little response. ;-)

Your maillinglist doesn't seem dead to me and I'm following -
' pretty sure others do as well.

One comment on this meetup.com thing:
I'm definitely not interested in registering there. Maillinglists
just work fine for me. It is the most convinient
way to stay in touch with a user group I can think of.

What concerns me more is the shameful lack of a nice little website.
Nothing too fancy and complicated. Just some pictures, an overview
when and where there were the last meetings and what has been discussed
there. This should do it. As far as I see it, our target group is not a
big fan of social networks anyway. They (and we of course!) prefer
the old fashioned way. Keep it simple and stupid!
I'm looking forward to debate this with you tonight!

By the way, all user groups I attended so far have the same issue
we are discussing here in one way or the other. ;-D

Cheers,
Johannes

PS: @Wendy: I cannot wait to listen to what you have to say about Perl
6. :-D

PSS: Does anyone has any insights into Perl/TK? I have some questions
about that.