[niederrhein.pm] Wohin soll's denn nun gehen?

Wendy G.A. van Dijk nl.pm at wendy.org
Mo Jun 3 13:51:28 PDT 2013

Hi all,

First, compliments to Jens for finding a nice
spot.  Now we don't have to argue about another
day in the month for having our meeting.  Now I
don't have to start looking for another place.  He did it.  Excellent.

I agree with Jens and Riba that it is more
important to have a good location and a good
number of attendees than the name of the city we
will meet, or the name of the monger group we
will use.  Koeln.pm or duesseldorf.pm or
niederrhein.pm or schmetterling.pm is all fine for me.

Liz and I want to go to PM meetings, meet nice
people, possibly eat /drink something pleasant,
talk about Perl, do something for Perl.  With
niederrhein.pm this has been the case for quite a
while now.  We know we are not from Niederrhein,
we just come over.  We are not living in
Amsterdam and are still members of amsterdam.pm.

If we have more attendees when we have our
meetings in Köln, than when we have meetings in
Düsseldorf or Aachen or wherever that REALLY is
in Niederrhein, I would like to meet in
Köln.  For us with a car it is not much of a
problem where we meet.  Köln and Aachen and
Düsseldorf are all easier to reach than
Amsterdam, Mechelen, London, Oslo, Paris.  And we
still don;t mind playing taxidriver for now.

If we have just 4 or 5 people attending
niederrhein.pm in Düsseldorf, it is clear to me
we should go back to Köln and change the date of our meetings.

Greetz,
Wendy