[Neworleans-pm] ExtUtils::ModuleMaker: new draft version

James Keenan jkeen at verizon.net
Mon Jan 3 09:55:28 CST 2005

I have uploaded a new draft version, 0.3207, of ExtUtils::ModuleMaker.
This is the module for creating CPAN-compliant distributions which I
discussed in my talk to neworleans.pm last month.  The new version can
be found at
http://mysite.verizon.net/jkeen/perl/nolatalk/ExtUtils-ModuleMaker
-0.3207.tar.gz

Like the version I presented in New Orleans, this should merely be
considered a *draft* version of EU::MM until such time as my revisions
are accepted by Geoff Avery, the module's author.

Unlike the version I presented in New Orleans, this version's
modulemaker command-line utility should run without emitting warnings
of uninitialized values.  Correcting this problem required changing the
interface to EU::MM::new() to take a hash reference rather than a list
of hash-like key-value pairs.

I would welcome feedback from all of you on these revisions --
particularly by trying out the modulemaker utility and letting me know
if any more warnings appear or there are clumsy points to the
interface.  Thank you very much.

Jim Keenan