[Munich-pm] <Rant> Warning to long haired programmers in Munich

Marek Rouchal marek.rouchal at gmx.net
Thu Jul 19 01:15:19 PDT 2012

Dear all,

I fully agree with haj... this is sad and disturbing. I talked yesterday to a police officer, close to his retirement, we're playing volleyball every Wed evening. I confronted him with an outline of this story, and he said that there must have been some particular suspicious thing (_beyond_ the hair style) which triggered them, and he insisted that otherwise the officers wouldn't dare to (fearing disciplinary consequences) follow the procedure you described. I am not able to judge whether this is true or just defending the reputation of colleagues. But another friend has raised the following hypothesis, which to me looks also rather scary: maybe some enemy has given the police some "hint", and once they checked the driver's license and there was a "match" on your name, the whole thing started...

If no one has done the translation yet... I am working on it...

All the best,

Marek