[Mpls-pm] YAPC 2012 in Minneapolis?

Chris Prather chris at prather.org
Thu Apr 14 06:25:02 PDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 7:48 AM, Chris <cpj1 at visi.com> wrote:

> You will also need to prepare a budget, and get cost estimates of all services and materials.  Is Mpls-PM officially registered as a non-profit?  That will go a long way towards the bidding process.

Being a non-profit isn't necessary[1] since the actual contracts have
to be signed by the TPF themselves for some insurance purposes. The
bid for a YAPC is very very similar to the bid for Frozen Perl[2],
except more so because the TPF puts themselves on the line for
cost-overruns.

-Chris

[1]: I know for a fact this year's organizers are not a non-profit,
and I am reasonably sure last years were not either.
[2]: The bid for this year's YAPC was based on the 2007 bid for Frozen
Perl in structure, with extra information added in based on the 2010
and 2009 bids.