[Mpls-pm] Next technical meeting: Monday November 22, 2010 6:30pm

Mark Allen mrallen1 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 12 14:20:20 PST 2010

Hi all.

I've confirmed the date/time of the next technical Minneapolis Perl Mongers meeting.  It will be November 22, 2010 at 6:30 pm at the Roseville Caribou Coffee adjacent to Har-Mar Mall on Snelling Avenue.

I'm going to give a talk (about 30-40 minutes) about Dancer[1], a (very) lightweight web application development framework that's modelled on the Sinatra framework from Ruby.

I'll be using the code and text from some tutorials I've been writing for the forthcoming Dancer Advent Calendar blog/github repo as the basis for this talk - so your candid feedback about what works and what doesn't will be very appreciated.

Location:

2111 Snelling Avenue North
Roseville, MN 55113 USA
Phone: 651-636-5655
Map: http://goo.gl/Lnjud

We'll be in a meeting room with a door and a whiteboard. There's no cost for using this room, but please buy a drink to support using the location.

Date: November 22, 2010 (Monday)
Time: 6:30pm til ?

The store closes at 8pm - so we don't have to go home, but we can't stay there.

I don't know if Dave can bring his projector (I don't have one unfortunately) so bring your own Internet-connected glowing rectangle and run the slides as I go through them.

I'm also interested in setting a date/time for a December meeting if anyone has anything they'd like to talk about or an evening hackfest for social coding if no one has anything they especially want to talk about.

If you want to give a short talk (5-10 minutes) I'll try to round up some others who also might want to do a lightning talk.  I want to spend some time in the not distant future talking about jQuery.

[1] http://search.cpan.org/dist/Dancer/lib/Dancer.pm

Mark Allen
http://www.linkedin.com/in/markrallen