[Mpls-pm] Perl Geezer back with questions

Peter Karman peter at peknet.com
Fri Mar 5 11:35:44 PST 2010

Dave Rolsky wrote on 03/05/2010 12:34 PM:
> On Fri, 5 Mar 2010, James Smith wrote:
>
>> Rose::DB::Object
>> Class::DBI
>
> I would skip these two. Rose is not in very wide use, and CDBI is
> totally dead, having been replaced by DBIx::Class.

If you are trying to land a job, your time is best spent with
DBIx::Class, since that has the largest number of adherents at this
point and most ads I see on jobs.perl.org are looking for DBIC skills.

But RDBO is worth checking out at some point as an alternative. RDBO may
not have very wide use, but those of us who do use it are active in the
community and the project is still actively developed.

Peter Karman  .  http://peknet.com/  .  peter at peknet.com