[Mpls-pm] Perl Geezer back with questions

James Smith josjr69 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 10:08:19 PST 2010

Well,

now that I have undergone a number of humiliating interviews to find
out just exactly how un-modern my Perl skills are, I do have a (large)
number of items on my to-do/learn list, among which are:
Moose
Rose::DB::Object
Class::DBI
DBIx::Class
Mason
PQuery
CGI::Ajax
HTML::Prototype
CGI::JSONRPC
Catalyst
Template Toolkit

So, I am going to pull back on the interviewing for a bit and focus on
the skill-building over the next few months. Any suggestions where my
time would be best spent? I have a number of ideas for websites that I
want to develop, but I would like to get some feedback on which of the
above technologies would be most useful to build them in. In other
words, if you could start from scratch today, given your experience,
what technologies would you use? Any comments will be greatly
appreciated. I am not looking for anyone do anything other than point
me in a useful direction and perhaps provide a little insight into
some pitfalls, bad combinations of libraries, less-than-useful
libraries, etc.

Later.

Jim
josjr69 at gmail.edu