[Mpls-pm] Indirect reference/inheritance?

Chris cpj1 at visi.com
Wed May 24 13:58:38 PDT 2006

Figured it out.

Despite using -cw, and "use warnings", the perl interpreter failed because
of a value inside the hash with this regular expression.

%Foo=(
  "field3" => "(\\d+)\\$",
)

I had to remove one backslash in front of the dollar sign in the value.
Then everything worked fine.

After direct manipulation with variables within the package itself, the
error came to light.  I'm guessing a later version of perl would have done
a better job of complaining.  This drove me up the wall for about 2 hours.

So the references I was using was actually okay.

Christopher Josephes
cpj1 at visi.com