[Mpls-pm] Indirect reference/inheritance?

Joshua ben Jore twists at gmail.com
Wed May 24 12:54:41 PDT 2006

On 5/24/06, Chris <cpj1 at visi.com> wrote:

> Any ideas what I'm screwing up?

You're not using a tool like Class::Data::Inheritable. Perl does ISA
lookups when you make class or object method calls. It doesn't have
any builtin facility to find inherited class data. I haven't used that
module since I've never thought I needed to use it. I suppose it
works, I think I've used other things that required it and they seemed
to work ok.

Also, perl has a built in class called B. It'd be a terrible idea for
you to name one of your classes that same thing. Go skim the docs for
B and see if you *really* want to use that one. This is the same bug
that people trip over when they name their class Test. That's another
builtin.

Josh