[Mpls-pm] CGI.pm and forking question

Glenn Bushee glenn at easy-access.com
Tue May 9 14:46:13 PDT 2006

Josh, thank you for the link.  I found a related post that MJD made on the
topic (http://www.plover.com/~mjd/misc/dyana) and eventually got it working
properly using the following line within the double-fork routine:

exec("PATH_TO_ANALYSIS_PROGRAM  '0041'  >/dev/null &");

While 0041 is a temporary value, for my purposes it will be replaced with a
variable that will go through quite a bit of cleaning since I did NOT get
this to work trying to string it together such as:

exec("PATH_TO_ANALYSIS_PROGRAM", "0041", ">/dev/null &");  # did not work

Thank you again.

- Glenn