[Mpls-pm] Mainframe communications in Perl?

Jim Anderson jim at acadcam.com
Wed Feb 22 08:46:43 PST 2006

I have a potential need to use a perl program to run an application on a
mainframe (using a 3270 protocol) and grabbing some of the screen data
that shows up.

Does anybody have any idea if this is possible?  I'd need to establish a
connection, log in, start the remote application, fill in a field, push
the request, and then save the results that come back.  I would probably
want to make multiple data requests in the same session.

Jim Anderson                    (612) 782-0456     jim at acadcam.com
Anderson CAD/CAM, Inc           Lucifer designed MS-DOS to try
2500 Highway 88, Suite 108          men's souls.
St Anthony, MN  55418           Then he had a better idea...