[Mpls-pm] perl module problem

Ian Malpass ian at indecorous.com
Tue Dec 19 11:09:51 PST 2006

admin at lctn.org wrote:
> I am setting up an extra mailscanner server on a box that has some
> existing apps on it. Perl is located at the following location:
>
> /data/wre/prereqs/perl/bin/perl
>
> I am getting the following error when starting mailscanner:
>
> Could not use Custom Function code
> MailScanner::CustomConfig::InitSQLWhitelist, it could not be "eval"ed.
> Make sure the module is correct with perl -wc
>
> "which perl" shows the proper path.
>
> I am guessing I need to edit a file or two????

My guess is either that the module got mangled during installation, or
it's not where Mailscanner thinks it is.

Did you try doing perl -wc as it suggested? You'd need to find where the
file describing MailScanner::CustomConfig::InitSQLWhitelist is
(MailScanner/CustomConfig/InitSQLWhitelist.pm somewhere in your
installation, at a guess) and then

     perl -wc [filename]

It'll do a syntax check for you and make sure all's OK.

I think it's more likely that the file just isn't where Mailscanner
thinks it should be. Not having using Mailscanner, I can't proffer you
any advice for how to remedy that problem.

Ian