[Mpls-pm] Next meeting?

Joshua ben Jore twists at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 10:21:24 PDT 2005

On 10/13/05, Ian Malpass <ian at indecorous.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Oct 2005, Dave Rolsky wrote:
>
> > Any volunteers for a tech presentation?  I suppose I could do my DateTime
> > project talk if folks are interested, but it'd be cool to get other people
> > to speak.  We could also do lightning talks again if others were perhaps
> > inspired by last night's.

Well... I wanted to talk about Data::Postponed partly to show off the
one thing I know its good for and to see if anyone can come up with
any other uses.

Here's the one problem I wrote this thing as a solution for: being
able to revise a symbol table and have those changes be automatically
reflected in some source that's produced as a result from that table.

%methods = (
    foo => postpone( 'foo' ),
);

return "sub $methods{foo} { ... }";

Then later, if $methods{foo} is changed to "bar", the resulting
string, wherever it still lives will reflect that change and be "sub
bar { ... }" instead. This is so I can revise function and package
names during B::Deobfuscate's run. This avoids having to do an initial
complete run of B::Deparse just to find out what the final values for
some things will be because now I run only once and just change my
mind as I feel the need.

Maybe this isn't a talk though. I dunno.

Josh