[mplspm]: Removing output from DBD::Sybase?

Chris Josephes cpj1 at isis.visi.com
Thu Mar 21 09:21:20 CST 2002

I'm using DBD::Sybase with the FreeTDS drivers to access a Microsoft SQL
server.

It's working okay, but I get a lot of debugging messages like "Changed
database to ...", or "Changed language to ...".

I tried playing around with he trace() value, and even directed it to
"/dev/null", but it's still showing up.

After checking the source code, it looks like the output is coming
directly from the SQL server and is being piped to STDERR by either the
DBD module or the libtds library.

Anyone else run into this?  The DBI-Users list archive appears to be
down.