[mplspm]: Tips for building an *.xs module?

Mark Conty Mark_Conty at cargill.com
Wed Oct 10 09:18:31 CDT 2001

Hi --

I'm 'bout to embark on building an *.xs module for a set of an HP-provided
library functions that we use here at work.  Up until now, I've been calling
these routines with system() or open(PIPE,...), but I want to take advantage
of these library routines instead, to keep from having to spawn subordinate
shell processes unnecessarily.

I'm starting to read through the 'perlxstut' man page, and I know about the
'perlxs' and 'h2xs' man pages, but I thought I'd check if any of you have
done this kind of thing recently and could pass along any tips/pointers.

Thanks!
--
Mark Conty
APS/NAGO IT Group