MCPM: Web authentication layer

Stephen Walker swalker at walkertek.com
Sun Mar 14 13:07:30 CST 2004

Andy,

I've taken a look at PAM.  I've always thought of it as more of a system
level authentication service and so I did not think it would be
appropriate for a system that could be hosted anywhere that doesn't have
access to the system PAM.

I think it could probably be extended to do some of the backend work for
what I'm looking for, but one big thing that its missing is
authorization in the sense that user A is allowed to delete, where user
B is not, or user A can access this section where user B can not.

Do you know of any web applications that use PAM, or any PAM web
modules?

Thanks,
Steve

>What is the difference between this and Pluggable Authentication
Modules?