MCPM: Mason help

Andy Murren andy at murren.org
Thu Aug 29 13:56:15 CDT 2002

Steve,

:
: Hey Andy, where are you trying to get it working?  Somewhere where I can
: take a look?  I've used mason before, but not recently.  What problems
: are you having with it?
:

I have put a snapshot of my current code at:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/statusboard

I finally just wrote my own user login with cookie tracking.  I can
now pass around information in the single cookie that lets me do many
of the queries I need to do.

The project is supposed to work as follows.

A user comes to the site (/SB/index.html) accepts the DoD conditions
and logs in at the bottom of the page.  That takes them to the Home
Page (/SB/home.html).  On home.html they get info and are given links
on the left for working with the DB.  The user clicks on the link for
'Areas' (the only one working now) and they get a list of Areas
applicable to them (based upon what 'type' unit they are in)

The user is supposed to answer the questions and then run reports on
their unit.  Not all of the files are used or work, some are just test
scripts.

Requirements:

Perl
Apache
mod_perl
MySQL
DBI
Bundle::DBD::mysql

Here is what I need to do on this to finish Phase 1:

1.  When the user logs in the cookie should store
     user_name:user_id:unit:type
   so I can split it and make queries using the info.

2.  Insert data into the db when user completes the question form.
     I need to keep historical data for trend analysis.  I have two
     options.

	 a.  Insert all answers into one table, then select the most recent
	 record for the question.  (anyone know how to select the latest
	 record for a particular question?)

     b.  Insert into a historical table and update the answer table.

3.  Populate the question form with data from the completed answers
    once the user has some updates.

4.  Provide basic user functions (change passwd, forgot passwd, update
    info, etc.)

5.  Provide reports.

If anyone can lend me some of their time and grey cells to do this I
would appreciate it.  I need to finish this and get it running on an
HP-UX 10.20 box in the next week or so.  I can keep updating code for
a while, but I need to get the data input and user functionality going
before 15 Sept.

Andy

--
Andy Murren