MCPM: file descriptor question

Andy Murren andy at murren.org
Wed Apr 10 08:22:26 CDT 2002

Steve,

:
: I've got a general perl/linux question that I thought someone might be
: able to help me out with.  I need a way of finding out how many open file
: descriptors a process has so that I can self limit the process.  Anyone
: have a good way of doing this in perl?
:

If the process is a perl application and OO you could use a class var
to increment and decrement the number of open files.  I think Conway's
'Object Oriented Perl' has an example.

Else use lsof

The other option is to rewrite the app as a perl program.

Andy

--
Andy Murren
andy at murren.org