Multilingual POD and man pages?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 15:57:32 PDT 2016

I'm curious to know a sensible way to provide multilingual POD content
to the end user, such that all content is available after
installation, rather than the system's locale being queried during
`make` and docs in only one language being installed.

The "man" system supports having multilingual documentation installed
concurrently and using $LANG to determine which to display by default,
but I'm unsure about how to best handle POD content.

I will use the multilingual POD content to generate a set of man pages
(via pod2man), so starting with a sane POD layout would be ideal.

Thanks,
Nick