You views on Bitcard SSO?

Tom Hukins tom at eborcom.com
Fri Feb 19 02:09:14 PST 2016

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 09:43:17AM +0000, Peter Edwards wrote:
> I'd suggest using OAuth2 and either running your own provider or
> hanging it off Google/MS Live/github depending who your audience is.

Everyone I know who has tried to support OAuth2 has found the experience
painful.

This brief talk shows why people find it confusing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeGxGnSkSdQ

I don't have a good answer to Andy's question unfortunately.  I doubt
anyone outside the Perl community uses Bitcard, so it doesn't provide
SSO for most people.  If you need SSO, you probably want OAuth, but if
you don't, avoid the hassle.