BT Infinity Broadband

michael lush mjlush at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 03:16:34 PDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 10:06 AM, Robbie Bow <robbiebow at gmail.com> wrote:
> I ask this every time there's an increase in bandwidth, but what do
> people use it for?

A modest iPlayer habit can really hoover up the bytes,  we watch
perhaps one hour of iPlayer on high quality/night. Thats 991Mb/hour so
~20-30Gb/month. Normal family browsing (The Boy uses youtube as his
radio) and a couple of movie downloads could easily add another 20Gb.

Then there is the sporadic stuff I updated my Dad's satnav and that
was a 8Gb download

50Gb/Month seems to do us fine,  but I could see larger family with a
larger net appetite could easily use 100Gb..

--
Michael