January techical meeting

Ian Cameron I.A.Cameron at open.ac.uk
Thu Jan 7 04:02:16 PST 2010

Hello MKPMers,

I'm looking for people who are interested in giving a talk at the January MKPM
technical meeting.  Your talk can be a long one of around 20 minutes, or a
shorter (lightning) one of around 5 minutes.

If you have any interesting work or private projects on the go that you think
may be of interest to other people in the group, I'd love to hear from you.
If there's anything else you think might be of interest, such as "I played
with this recently", or you have a talk that you've given elsewhere, I'd love
to hear from you.

No date has been set for the meeting yet, but I'll get in touch with speakers
to try and arrange a convenient time for all.

So far I have:

Long:

Tom Hukins, "Do Repeat Yourself. Sometimes." - a talk Tom gave at a recent LPW
meeting: http://conferences.yapceurope.org/lpw2009/talk/2458

Lightning:

Colin Bradford, HTTP::Async - a lightning talk on using the HTTP::Async module
for parallel HTTP requests: http://search.cpan.org/~evdb/HTTP-Async-0.09/lib/HTTP/Async.pm

Thanks in advance.

--
Cheers, Ian.

The Open University is incorporated by Royal Charter (RC 000391), an exempt
charity in England & Wales and a charity registered in Scotland (SC 038302).