Introduction

Tom Hukins tom at eborcom.com
Thu Aug 12 03:14:10 PDT 2010

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 06:08:48PM +0100, Louis Houghton wrote:
> One of the reasons I started looking at Perl was the community so I
> thought I should get round to e-mailing my local PM group as soon as
> possible. My name is Louis and I'm a bit of a newbie.

Hi, Louis.  Welcome to the group.

I guess you've seen our Web page at http://miltonkeynes.pm.org/ which
explains a little about what we do.  Basically, we're an unstructured
group where our members make things they care about happen.

We hold regular meetings and have this mailing list and an IRC
channel.  Please discuss anything that interests you; please mention
if discussions go in a direction you dislike.  Fortunately, we're
usually a considerate bunch so the latter rarely happens, but I
encourage everyone to let us know when it does.

I look forward to meeting you soon.