April/May's Tech Meet

Tom Hukins tom at eborcom.com
Fri Apr 23 11:49:50 PDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 09, 2010 at 12:01:19PM +0100, Tom Hukins wrote:
> How long should we wait before killing the barely used Wiki and
> treating the idea of a different type of technical meeting as a
> failure?

If you know me well might recognise that I'm too stubborn to give up
an idea that easily.  But I'm also frustrated that we're making slow
progress.

I've just added a couple more sessions, but so far no session has more
than one person interested in it.

Those of you who said "yes, I'm interested" but haven't added the
things you want to discuss, please tell me why.  What were you
interested in?  What do you want us to discuss?  Which ideas mentioned
so far interest you?  Presumably you said "yes" to something.  If I'm
not taking this in the direction you hoped, tell me.

Many thanks to Peter, Ian and Sue for their contributions, and
possibly even thanks to our anonymous contributor who wants to talk
about something completely unrelated to Perl..