Help Wanted

Tom Hukins tom at eborcom.com
Mon Sep 28 07:00:33 PDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 04:04:59PM +0100, Tom Hukins wrote:
> Also, soon I will have organised all 11 of our technical meetings.
> Would someone else like to organise January's?

I discussed this with Ian last week and we decided we will both offer
to organise one technical meeting each if two other people offer to do
the same.  Given that we'll both help out when asked, this isn't a
huge job, just something that spreads the work and the experience.

Coincidentally, Peter also suggested having four different people
organise next year's meetings, so it looks like something we generally
agree on.  I've not heard from anyone else.

Now's the time to speak up if you want these meetings to happen.

> In general, it seems wise to have more than one of us looking after
> the list, and I'm mentioning it now because I'm off on holiday soon.

Thanks to Ian for also offering to do this.  Having one more
administrator would be ideal, but we can cope with two.