Volunteer Wanted for Catalyst project

Barbie barbie at missbarbell.co.uk
Tue Oct 20 06:02:35 PDT 2009

Hi,

I have recently been approached to take over and refactor a Perl based
site. However, my time is limited these days, so I don't have the time
to really do it justice. So I wondered whether anyone here would be
interested in taking it on.

The site is a rock music magazine site, though is currently volunteer
run. It has a lot of potential, and they are currently looking at making
the whole site more commercial, so that they can pay staff to look after
the site, and generally make money. As such, at the moment anyone
wishing to get involved would have to appreciate there isn't any funding
available to pay anyone to upgrade the site. It would be ideal for
anyone just starting out and eager to get more experience with Catalyst.

The site was written as a university project, and the style of Perl is
not good. In fact it's downright messy and unnecessarily complicated. My
evaluation was to redesign the site with a modern approach, using
Catalyst & TT, as all the pages currently follow a very simple format,
and should be a breeze to implement in a decent framework.

If you're interested, please email me off-list, preferably with any
example work that you have already done, particularly highlighting any
Catalyst experience. I can then send you links so you can see the site
as it stands.

Cheers,
Barbie.
--