Iron-Man blogging

Tom Hukins tom at eborcom.com
Thu Apr 23 03:47:59 PDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 09:06:42AM +0100, Oliver Gorwits wrote:
> So if you've not seen it already, our friend mst (and co at
> Shadowcat) is encouraging us to start blogging about Perl:
>
>    http://www.shadowcat.co.uk/blog/matt-s-trout/iron-man/

Go, Matt!  I don't fancy myself as any kind of iron man - I might rust
- but I thought I'd get into the spirit of it by writing up my
thoughts on last week's technical meeting:
  http://use.perl.org/~tomhukins/journal/38855

> use.perl.org is terrible. awful. painful. hideous.

I happened to talk about this with a colleague the other day.  We both
write on use.perl, despite its weaknesses.  It acts as a centralised
news source for Perl, so people don't need to follow lots of
fragmented blogs:
  http://use.perl.org/search.pl?op=journals;content_type=atom

Sorry, Oliver, this doesn't help with your question, but thanks for
prompting me into writing a little about Perl.