Visiting Birmingham Perl Mongers

Edwardson, Tony Tony.Edwardson at commerzbank.com
Wed Oct 15 00:22:08 PDT 2008

Hi Barbie

I am sorry to say that I am going to have to pull out of our visit next
week.
I work for an Investment bank and as I am sure you are aware, Investment
banking is in a bit of turmoil at the moment.
This has resulted in a massive increase in work and I have only managed
to take three days off in the last two months - I only had last weekend
off because I insisted on having a break. I have been doing an average
of 2 hours every evening as well as a full day at work.
Next week is our final week of UAT and there is scheduled work every
night - most of it down to me.
The chances are that I won't be able to get away from work early enough
to get to Birmingham in time and will probably have to work in the
evening too.
I thought it best to pull the plug now rather than hope I can make it
and then let you down at the last minute.
I have also offered to give a lift to the MKPM attendees and will have
to retract that too - sorry guys.
In all probability, I will be working every day until the end of my
contract at the end of November and then be out of a job

Apologies
Tony