Meeting on Tuesday 30th January

Tom Hukins tom at eborcom.com
Sun Jan 28 12:39:51 PST 2007

Happy New Year!

Our first meeting on 2007 takes place in the usual pub, Wetherspoon's
near Milton Keynes railway station:
http://miltonkeynes.openguides.org/?J.D_Wetherspoon%2C_Central_Milton_Keynes

After a two month break I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and
hopefully meeting a few newcomers too.  These meetings take a laid
back form, where the conversation meanders around whatever topics we
happen to find interesting.  Perl usually takes a significant part in
our conversation, so it's a good occasion to ask questions or share
ideas.

I'll arrive around 8pm, but feel free to arrive whenever you find
convenient.  If you think you might not recognise us, please ask
off-list for my mobile number.

I'd also like to thank everyone who got involved in 2006.  I'm really
surprised how well this group has worked out:  we probably have
Britain's third most active Perl Mongers group at the moment.  I've
enjoyed the discussions on the list, having a few drinks in the pub
(even when the pub was closed!) and I'm especially pleased we've held
some good technical meetings.  We've not only had a few well-known
visitors come and talk to us, it's also been good to see a fair
proportion of us talking about the interesting things we do with Perl.

So, I'm looking forward to more of that in 2007!

See you on Tuesday,