A little puzzle

Ant Mitchell ant at badmagic.com
Fri Sep 8 16:51:18 PDT 2006

Well, its late, and I might be misunderstanding - but why not just
send each player an MD5 hash of your order. All players do the same.

When the time comes to show your order, its easy to verify that the
orders match the published md5s.

If they don't match - someone is cheating !.  You don't have to
disclose the order to anyone until you all agree, so there is no
possibility of artificial discovery.

MD5 hash programs are easy to run on a text file.

Not sure what the orders are but the need to be more than just a few
numbers to ensure someone does not attempt to guess the MD5. If they
are 'english' and do not follow a specific format, they should be
pretty hard to guess.

enjoy
Ant