Syntax highlighting in Perl

Paul Johnson paul at pjcj.net
Sun Oct 15 08:00:18 PDT 2006

On Sun, Oct 15, 2006 at 12:02:39AM +0100, Nik Clayton wrote:

> Can anyone recommend any modules (or an external tool that's efficient)
> that can do HTML syntax highlighting -- at least diffs, but ideally source
> code in various languages, HTML itself, and so on.

Ooh - syntax highlighting in Svn::Web?

I was looking at trac just last week thinking how nice that would be in
Svn::Web.

And now a half-hearted moan.  Every since I upgraded apache on debian a
few weeks back SVN::Web seems to be displaying only what would have been
in the body of the html.  And also when any revision is requested the
apache process hangs using 100% cpu.

Since I can't even be bothered to investigate this enough to make a
proper bug report I don't expect an answer, but I suppose there's an off
chance that someone might be able to say, "oh yes, that's because of X,
just do Y".

Yeah, well, maybe.  Or if I had spent the time it has taken to write
this on investigating the problem I might even have fixed it my now.

Dear LazyML, please help.

Oh, and by the way, I'm interested in the highlighting solution too for
Devel::Cover which has two flavours of Perl highlighting, but nothing
for anything else (which currently means C, or anything with embedded
Perl or C (such as Mason or XS)).

Paul Johnson - paul at pjcj.net
http://www.pjcj.net