Wireless access in Milton Keynes

Ian Cameron I.A.Cameron at open.ac.uk
Mon Aug 21 10:36:42 PDT 2006

Excuse the cross posting, but I thought this might be of interest to both
lists...

There was a story a while back regarding the central part of Milton Keynes,
stretching from Midsummer Place to the train station having free wireless
access points installed and operational by 1st August 2006.

I tried to see if it was going during the the MKLUG second Wednesday of the
month meeting in Wetherspoon's, but couldn't seem to find an access point from
the inside.  Does anyone know if it is live yet?

Stories like this popped up regarding this network:

http://www.silicon.com/research/specialreports/travel/0,3800011481,39159131,00.htm

On another note, it looks like MK is set to get WiMax access too, which should
apparently be operational in about a month, although I doubt this will be free
access :-(

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/08/21/pipex_miltonkeynes_wimax_wireless/

--
Cheers, Ian.