Greetings

Tom Hukins tom at eborcom.com
Mon Oct 17 13:24:56 PDT 2005

Hi, all.

Thanks to Dave and Michael for introducing themselves.  Seeing as I
got this thing going, I guess I should do the same.  Of the eleven
people on the list, just under half already know me though.

I'm a Perl/Web developer who lives and works in Milton Keynes.
Several people have suggested I start a local Perl Monger group over
the past few years.  I finally gave into the peer pressure, so I'm
glad they didn't tell me to put my hand in the fire instead.

I hope you can join us for our first meeting a week on Thursday to
help decide what we'd like the group to do.  I suspect we can come up
with some interesting ideas, and hope for a few practical ideas too.

Of course, if you just want to hang out on the list or IRC, that's
fine.

I haven't imposed many rules on this list yet.  I'd rather people post
whatever they feel like for now and discover what works.  There's just
one rule I want to keep:  it doesn't matter how much or little you
know about Perl; this group exists for all of us in or near to Milton
Keynes.