[Milan-pm] (no subject)

Paola Bisignano paola.bisignano at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 07:56:21 PDT 2009

#!/usr/local/bin/perl
use LWP::Simple;
use strict;
use warnings;
use LWP 5.64;
use LWP::UserAgent;
print "Quale entry di PDB vuoi aprire? ";
my $pdb=<STDIN>;
chomp ($pdb);
my $url1 = "
http://www.ebi.ac.uk/thornton-srv/databases/cgi-bin/pdbsum/GetPage.pl?pdbcode=$pdb
";
my $content = get $url1;
die "Couldn't get $url1" unless defined $content;
while ($content=~ m/uniprot_id=(.*?)&/g)

    {
    my $code=$1;
    print "ID uniprot: $code\n";
    chomp ($code);
    my $browser =LWP::UserAgent->new;
    my $url = URI-> new ("http://www.uniprot.org/uniprot/$code.fasta");
    my $response=$browser-> get ($url);
    my $fasta=$response->content;
    print "$fasta" ;
    };

this is my script...first I must digit the pdb code (form my test I use
1xmj, that I'm sure it has a ligand) I want to explore, (that's the code of
a protein structure) and then I go to the web page...to extract another
code, that'uniprot code, so the script thakes that code and put it into
another web site and estract and print the  aminoacidic sequence of the
protein, then i need to know something about the ligand...and  I need to
access to the file  running.pl that brings some information which I have to
extract....and i don't know what to do