[Memphis.pm] GTK-Perl and signal handlers

Phil Groce phil_groce at cmcsmart.com
Wed May 10 08:30:58 CDT 2000

At 11:18 PM 5/9/00 -0500, you wrote:
>With the other widgets, create signal handlers with express purpose of
>updating a standalone struct with the necessary info.

This seems to work; thanks for the help, Ed.

>Also, the signal handlers do allow for passing additional args into the
>call.  You should be able to pass a $ref off.

I haven't been able to get this to work. My current workaround is
specifically referencing a hash in the main:: namespace. So any info on
doing this last bit is appreciated.

>If this doesn't seem correct, or you want me to post an example, let me know.

Couldn't hurt. If the code is in C, feel free to email it to me personally,
and I'll post something when/if I work the Perl out. Unless no one minds
getting C code on a Perl mailing list. :)

Incidentally, Glade rocks with Perl. If you haven't checked it out, do. :)

>-Ed

phil

with 'unsubscribe memphis-pm-list' in the body of the message.