[Memphis.pm] GTK-Perl and signal handlers

Phil Groce phil_groce at cmcsmart.com
Tue May 9 16:27:29 CDT 2000

(Should I post to GOLUM or the Perl Mongers? Hmm...Perl Mongers could use
the traffic....)

I'm building a little UI for the venerable "read directory of files, do a
substitution, write file to different directory" script.

I'm having trouble finding info on the signal handlers, though. When a
button gets pressed, I'd like to be able to get some info from the rest of
the UI (source directory, destination directory, regular expression) and
feed that to the useful part of the program. It looks like my signal
handler gets passed a reference to the button, then an empty string(?), the
name of the button as a string, and the window name, again as a string.

How can I get a ref to the top-level ancestor of the widget, so I can visit
the important parts of the UI and grab my info?

Possibly significant detail: I'm using Glade to build the UI.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

phil

with 'unsubscribe memphis-pm-list' in the body of the message.