[Memphis.pm] installing mysql perl DBI librarys

Brock Sides philarete at mindspring.com
Sat Mar 18 21:37:56 CST 2000

Durango wrote:

> I have got MySQL loaded and working fine, but seem to have a problem getting
> the correct rpm's for the DBI::mysql loaded.
> Here are the files for the whole thing, I think I am a version or two off
> but these things seem to confuse me more right now.
>
> I have a side question: Should I just get the tarballs and just compile the
> whole thing, would I gain any performance? Would I have a better install?
>
> Ray

Yeah, the dependencies among the DBI/DBD modules get complex, and it
doesn't help when there are half a dozen different versions of the RPMs
floating around. Your best bet, since you have MySQL up and running, is
to get the msql-mysql bundle and build the module yourself.

http://www.cpan.org/modules/by-module/Bundle/Msql-Mysql-modules-1.2210.tar.gz

Brock
bsides at towery.com
philarete at mindspring.com
with 'unsubscribe memphis-pm-list' in the body of the message.