[Memphis.pm] Where to find CGI (and other) modules

Phil Groce phil_groce at cmcsmart.com
Thu Mar 16 17:18:09 CST 2000

At 01:42 PM 3/15/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Now for the next stupid question:
>
>Where do I get the CGI module referred to in the first couple lines? I presume
>that's what the 'use' is doing.

The CPAN (Comprehensive Perl Archive Network) contains this library and a
few bajillion others. The most convenient place to search for a particular
package is:

http://search.cpan.org

If you're using Red Hat or anothe RPM-friendly Linux, many packages come as
RPM's, too. I don't know of a particular website, but in GNORPM, do a web
find for perl-CGI.pm and you'll find it. (For a lot of other CGI packages,
just look for perl-CGI.)

phil

with 'unsubscribe memphis-pm-list' in the body of the message.