[Memphis.pm] meetings?

Roy Barnes rbarnes at stim.tec.tn.us
Mon Apr 17 17:21:47 CDT 2000

I'm interested.  Once a month sounds good to me.

I'm specifically interested in using Perl (including CGI, mod_perl and
perldbi) in web apps.  I prefer "in the trenches" kind of treatment --
this was my problem, this is what I did and the tools I used to solve
the problem.

-----
Roy Barnes
Academic Systems Administrator
State Technical Institute at Memphis

Phil Groce wrote:

> Is there enough interest at this point for Perl Mongers meetings? So far, I
> think we're a subset of GOLUM, but I can see some topics of Perl interest
> that wouldn't fully intersect.
>
> Some topics we could address:
> 1. Intermediate/advanced OO in Perl -- Brock's talk a couple months ago at
> GOLUM was pretty cool. There are one or two other things that could
> probably be addressed, like exception handling, and cool features of Perl
> that work well with OO (like using anonymous subs to build dispatch tables
> and install callbacks).
> 2. Cool features in Perl 6 -- I haven't looked at the devel stuff much, but
> I'd like to drool over threads in Perl as much as anyone. :)
> 3. Nifty CPAN modules in action.
> 4. Exposing C API's to Perl with XS -- heavy wizardry in my book. I'd love
> to see a walk-through.
>
> I don't know how frequently we would want the meetings -- I would imagine
> monthly at least, but twice monthly may be overkill. Then again, maybe not;
> what does everyone else think?
>
> phil

with 'unsubscribe memphis-pm-list' in the body of the message.