[Melbourne-pm] Dancing around the event horizon

Kahlil Hodgson kahlil.hodgson at dealmax.com.au
Sun May 31 15:44:41 PDT 2015

​Its been a sad few days.​

​For the ​
​passed ​
7 years
​, ​
DealMax
​has been​
​ proud Perl shop
​.  We've written a lot of code over that time. I'm quite proud of what we
managed to acheive with so little resoruces and constantly changing
requirements.​  I largely attribute our ability to weather various storms
to having a fast, lean and expressive language at our core. I have fought
valiantly to keep it, but sadly, it is not to be:

​
​It ​
has now become a condition of funding
​that we move to a more mainstream technology
​.

Bugger.

Kal
​

Kahlil (Kal) Hodgson                       GPG: C9A02289
Head of Technology                         (m) +61 (0) 4 2573 0382
DealMax Pty Ltd                            GitHub: @tartansandal

Suite 1416
401 Docklands Drive
Docklands VIC 3008 Australia

"All parts should go together without forcing.  You must remember that
the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you.  Therefore,
if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason.  By all
means, do not use a hammer."  -- IBM maintenance manual, 1925