[Melbourne-pm] FTP on RHEL [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Toby Corkindale toby.corkindale at strategicdata.com.au
Sun Mar 15 22:08:13 PDT 2015

Hi Tim,
You're using a version of Perl from 2009, and neither it nor the subsequent three major releases after it are even considered "in support" by the Perl core dev team.
If you're stuck on RHEL, then I guess you have an enterprise contract with RH, so can't you make this their problem and open a support ticket?

Alternatively -- have you tried installing modern versions of libnet (and possibly IO::Socket::SSL) into your home directory, to determine if that fixes the problem?
(In which case you can at least look at finding a way to bundle the newer versions with your app)

-Toby