[Melbourne-pm] EFA's Creating the Web We Want

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Thu Jun 5 07:44:59 PDT 2014

Hi all,

On Mon, 02 Jun 2014 13:29:16 +1000
Jacinta Richardson <jarich at perltraining.com.au> wrote:

> This might be of interest to some folk.
>

>     Electronic Frontiers Australia, in partnership with ThoughtWorks
>     Australia presents:
>

>            Creating the Web We Want
>
>   * Time & Date: 11:30am, 17th June 2014
>   * Venue: Melbourne Convention Centre, 1 Convention Centre Place,
>     Southbank (click for map)
>     <https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Melbourne+Convention+%26+Exhibition+Centre/@-37.825266,144.954588,17z/data=%213m1%214b1%214m2%213m1%211s0x0:0x958eeaf04deea384>.
>   * Cost: FREE
>   * Registration: Not Required
>

>            Speakers
>
>   * Keith Dodds <https://www.linkedin.com/pub/keith-dodds/0/410/a82> -
>     Director, Client Relations, ThoughtWorks Asia Pacific (Moderator)
>   * Senator Scott Ludlum <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Ludlam>
>   * Jon Lawrence <https://www.efa.org.au/about/board/jon-lawrence/> -
>     Executive Officer, Electronic Frontiers Australia
>   * Tom Sulston <http://au.linkedin.com/pub/tom-sulston/0/411/178> -
>     Principal Technical Consultant, ThoughtWorks
>
> Revelations from whistleblower Edward Snowden have clearly demonstrated
> that governments around the world have been engaging in dragnet-style
> mass surveillance for years.

sorry, but to me it seems most of them are the product of maniacal,
major depressive, or schizophrenic minds inside the NSA. For more info, see:

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23SummerNSA&src=typd

I make an analogy there between the NSA and the Knights Templar whom
https://duckduckgo.com/Saladin fought using his own innovative and
benevolent approach to psychological warfare (Which we can still learn a lot
from today). So there's probably nothing to fear, and we should not get too
paranoid, because a paranoid man is miserable and ergo - insecure.

Hello NSA! NSA? Hello, the world at large! I feel like
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Emperor%27s_New_Clothes all over again.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish