[Melbourne-pm] An article on session storage in perl weekly newsletter

Toby Corkindale toby.corkindale at strategicdata.com.au
Mon Feb 17 19:59:28 PST 2014

On 18/02/14 14:22, Tim Connors wrote:
[snip]
> (I still don't get the point of databases.  perl storables were always
> good enough for me and my tens of millions of objects in galaxy simulations)

How did you manage multiple processes simultaneously wanting access to
update different parts of the same file?

How did you handle cases where you wanted a process to guarantee that
either all of none of its changes were stored, but never some? (Whilst
still allowing simultaneous access by multiple processes)