[Melbourne-pm] Seeking Catalyst expert for immediate, two weeks consulting

Jacinta Richardson jarich at perltraining.com.au
Sun Mar 3 20:25:58 PST 2013

G'day Toby, Kahlil and MPM,

Perl Training Australia has been approached by a business in Brisbane
looking for 2 weeks of consulting on the best way for them to make a
particular Catalyst application.  I think I probably know enough to help
them, but I'm not quite confident of that, since I haven't done an
entire Catalyst application from creation to deployment all by myself,
and thus am concerned I might not have the best answers for what might
be some specific areas.

They're confident about using Template Toolkit and FormHandler, but are
not sure that DBIx::Class will support their business logic, so they're
wondering whether they write their own layer over DBI (for example).
They're also considering whether they should go with Plack or Starman or
something else for deployment, etc.  I am confident of helping them to
decide between DBIx::Class and DBI, but not the latter.

Their timeframe is pretty immediate, hoping to have these two weeks done
before the end of the month.  They prefer on-site, but would accept
remote.  If you're interested in helping them out, with a summary of
your Catalyst experience, and I'll forward this client your details and
you can both take it from there.

All the best,

     Jacinta