[Melbourne-pm] No meeting for November

Sam Watkins sam at nipl.net
Tue Oct 30 22:30:32 PDT 2012

> November then? The pub at Fed Square had a nice vibe and
> had lots of different beers?

Sounds good, I would like to attend a social meeting.
We're sure to talk about tech stuff and perl anyways.

Just discovered can control brightness of two LEDs on my Pandora,
including the power LED, on a scale from 0 to 255 by writing to files in
/sys/class/leds/...  The other four LEDs are on/off - but that need not
stop an enterprising hacker from writing a kernel module (or shell script)
to switch them on and off real fast for simulated brightness control.
There is space for 2 extra leds and a backlight led, but they were a bit
cheap to populate them :)  still, 6 leds is good for real "blinken lights".

This is the kind of inspirational work I might talk about after a few beers!
Has anyone actually written a kernel module in perl yet?

Talk about geek cred - software controlled dimmable power LED :)  I like it.

Specifically I need to turn it off, for nighttime gaming,
so it doesn't hurt my delicate eyes.  And to save electricity :p