[Melbourne-pm] Perl History: Anyone know famous Australian Perl hacker "Lee"? (circa 1998)

Jacinta jarich at perltraining.com.au
Wed Nov 21 17:11:42 PST 2012

On 22/11/12 07:16, Andrew Savige wrote:
> Abigail remembers:
>
>   "It was the winter of 97/98 that I went to NYC and met with Lee
>   (an Australian guy; he came back to the US a year later to go
>   to YAPC, and then I've lost track of him -- perhaps he gave
>   birth to more famous Australian Perl community members that
>   appeared later on the scene)"
>
> Anyone got a clue who this mysterious "Lee" is?

Skud might know, but I don't.  Skud ran Melbourne Perl Mongers until she
left the country some time in the late 90s.  I'm not sure what the
meeting style was, I only remember going to a single group dinner once.

Paul and I (re)started Melbourne Perl Mongers in late 2001 if I recall
correctly.  We may have had a Lee back then, but if we did I don't
remember him.  Sorry.

Of course he may not have been a Melbournian.

Australians are notorious for not staying still.  He could live anywhere
in the world by now.