[Melbourne-pm] BeagleBone Perl library

Toby Corkindale toby.corkindale at strategicdata.com.au
Tue May 22 19:25:41 PDT 2012

Hi,
I've been playing around with a BeagleBone for the past week, and I've
come up with some initial Perl libraries to do GPIO and SPI, plus
written some drivers to make it easy to talk to a certain LCD panel
controller.

I know Scott is working with the BB as well, and maybe others?
My code so far is at:
https://github.com/TJC/BeagleBone

And a small blog post about the LCD controller is here:
http://blog.dryft.net/2012/05/ssd1306-lcd-controller-in-perl-for.html

Unlike on the Arduino, Perl seems like a decent language to work with on
the 'bone.. Although I did break out into Inline::C for one part when
driving the spidev device, since it meant I could copy-and-paste the
ioctls from example C code :)

Cheers,
Toby