[Melbourne-pm] Talks for the May meeting

Tony Smith ts at meme.com.au
Thu Apr 26 05:11:29 PDT 2012

Folks, if we don't have any presentation type talks, I'd like to try an open discussion on a topic I'm sure a few of us run into from time to time.

Right now I'm in the middle of trying to get somebody else's Perl code from the year 2000 running in a modern environment because the old server was being shut down and the hosting company wanted to be rid of it, but the guy it had been written for did not want to let it go as he still has a fair number of users.

So far we seem to be making reasonable progress, but a few things have come up which I'm not comfortable leaving as is, so they might make the basis of a round table discussion. There is nothing sensitive in the code so we can look at as much or as little as is useful.

On 25/04/2012, at 8:14 PM, Toby Corkindale wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> The next meeting of the Melbourne Perlmongers will be on the 9th of May, 2012.
> I wondered if anyone had a presentation they would like to give?
>
> Thanks,
> Toby

Tony Smith
Complex Systems Analyst
Melbourne, Australia
http://www.ynotds.com/
Giving thanks to the space, time, energy, matter and other lives that have allowed me to tell my lies on this old and damp ball of rock.