[Melbourne-pm] New course: Enterprise Perl running October 11th - 15th

Jacinta Richardson jarich at perltraining.com.au
Tue Sep 14 20:16:55 PDT 2010

G'day folk,

Enterprise Perl exists to teach people who already know all the Perl basics, the
things they might have missed out on learning about if they haven't been paying
close attention to all the new shiny things that have arrived in Perl over the
last few years.  I hope to see a few of you on the course.

Perl Mongers get a 5% discount when booking if you ask for it.

Questions, and recommendations for technologies we might not have noticed are
very much welcome!

We're also running our regular Programming Perl course in Melbourne on 8th -
12th November 2010.  We're happy to extend our discount for this course too.

I can confirm that this could will run.

New course: Enterprise Perl
===========================

	http://perltraining.com.au/courses/enterprise.html

Running in Melbourne 11th - 15th October.  Book before 24th September to
receive your early bird free book.

Course description:
-------------------

You already know Perl. You write in Perl regularly, you may have even released
some code to the CPAN but are you sure you're doing it right? Languages and
techniques evolve over time, and Perl is no exception.

This course will cover many of the best modern and practical techniques in Perl,
including:

    * How to gain feedback and enforce coding standards with Perl::Critic.
    * Starting your project on the right foot, without repeating yourself, using
	Module::Starter.
    * Module documentation and POD.
    * Test-driven development, test coverage, advanced testing.
    * Fundamentals of old-style object orientation.
    * Using Moose for flexible object oriented design, including inheritance,
	roles, types and coercion, and how to integrate with old-style OO.
    * Error handling code with autodie and Try::Tiny.
    * Wizardly work with databases, using DBI and DBIx::Class.
    * Profiling your code with Devel::NYTProf, and examining your test suite
	coverage with Devel::Cover.
    * How to bundle your code and dependencies with PAR, the Perl Archiver.

Target audience
---------------

Perl programmers with a thorough understanding and at least 3 months practice of
the material in our Programming Perl course. Enterprise Perl will bring you up
to date with modern standards of Perl programming.

Group discount

Make a single booking for three or more people on the same course and
receive a 5% discount per person.

Referral bonuses

Refer your friends and colleagues to us, and get a free book for each
booking mentioning you, made before the early bird date.  Books can be
selected from our list at:

        http://perltraining.com.au/books.html